If you’re looking for a quality internal pack that will last you through your trek, time and time again, the Red Tail is your answer. Just as the other internals in the ALPS Mountaineering line, the Red Tail has all the features you would expect from a value-oriented company. There are bottle pockets on each side and you can also find a hydration pocket and port, #00 zippers on the lower door, and an internal horizontal divider that gives you the best storage utilization.
There’s a kangaroo pocket on the front, which is great for keeping your jacket or fleece without taking up extra space in your pack. When you’re ready for your trip and your pack is full, but you still have a few things to take, don’t worry! The top of the Red Tail extends with a spindrift collar, so you can “over pack.” The top pocket adjusts up and down to keep it in the correct position and we’ve included an “Over the Top” compression strap to stabilize your extra gear. If those features aren’t enough, the top pocket converts to a fanny pack, so you don’t have to haul along your whole pack if you want to venture off for a quick hike.
There’s also a rain cover, that’s stored in the bottom of the pack, so you’re prepared for all types of weather.
- Top Pocket Converts to a Fanny Pack
- Rain Cover Included
- “Webbing Ladder” Adjustable Harness
- Front Kangaroo Pocket
- Front Stretch Neoprene Pocket
- Top Load – Extendable To pLid
- Sprindrift Collar with Draw Cord
- “Over the Top” Compression Strap
- Rescue Whistle Buckle on Sternum Strap
- Hydration Pocket & Port
- Multiple Side Compression Straps
- Lower Neoprene Side Bottle Pockets
- Lower Extra Large Door – #00 Zipper
- Internal Horizontal Divider
- Small & XL Waist Belt Options Available
- Torso Range – 04″ – 20.5″
- Color: Rust
- Fabric: Polyester Ripstop
- Size: 4900 cu. in. / 80 L
- Weight: 5 lbs. 00 oz.