The Caldera 4500 is a great internal to take along on all your back country treks. The Caldera was designed with features to make your hike more enjoyable. Beyond the easy to adjust suspension system, front and side pockets, and hydration pocket and port, you can also find side compression straps, an internal horizontal divider to arrange your gear, and extra large #10 zippers on the lower door.
All of these features will ensure that you’re ready for a successful and organized hike. So now you’re ready for your trip and your pack is full, but you still have a few things to take along… don’t worry! The top of the Caldera pack extends with a spin drift collar, so you can “over pack.”
The top pocket adjusts up and down to keep it in the correct position and we’ve included an “Over the Top” compression strap to stabilize your extra gear. When it’s time to drop the internal and adventure onto a smaller trail, don’t worry about bringing along an additional small fanny pack, because our top lid converts to a fanny pack.
If that’s not enough, the rain cover is INCLUDED! You don’t have to worry about spending additional money on accessories; you can find it all in the Caldera. This internal is a great example of what ALPS Mountaineering is all about… giving you great gear at an affordable price.
- Shoulder Strap Padding Wraps to Back for Maximum Comfort
- Top Pocket Converts to a Fanny Pack
- Rain Cover Included
- Dual Aluminum Frame Stays
- Top Loading – Extendable Top Lid
- Spindrift Collar with Draw Cord
- Over the Top Compression Strap
- Hydration Pocket & Port
- Front Access to Main Compartment
- Front Mesh Pocket
- Multiple Side Compression Straps
- Lower Side Bottle Pockets
- Lower Door – #10 Zipper
- Internal Horizontal Divider
- Small & XL Waistbelt Options Available
- Torso Range: 17″ to 23″
- Fabric: Blue Polyester Ripstop
- Capacity: 4500 in³ (74 L)
- Weight: 5 lbs. 15 oz.
3 Waistbelt Size Options:
- Youth Fits Waist 22″ – 26″
- Standard Fits Waist 26″ – 40″
- X-Large Fits Waist 40″ plus